Welcome to the largest, longest-running fansite for Irish actor Emmett J Scanlan, best known for his roles as Brendan Brady in Hollyoaks, Simon Monroe in BAFTA winning In The Flesh and the lead role in movie Charlie Casanova. Currently starring in Guardians Of The Galaxy. Soon to be seen in the second series of BBC Two's The Fall, Channel 5's Suspects and indie movie Breakdown.
This fansite boasts a gallery of over 18,000 images and the most comprehensive collection of Emmett videos online. His entire tenure on Hollyoaks is also available to view.
Emmett Scanlan Fans aims to bring you up to date news on Emmett's projects as well as posting and reblogging photos, videos and fanart.
1. Joel faked the newspaper article of Sampson’s brother Casper, yes. I’m not sure what you mean about the drug dealing money! But he heard all the plans about the heist. Joel wants ownership of the whole club and so tried to scare Brendan and his family (the bullet, the dead rose, the obituary, the bin). I believe Joel’s ultimate goal was for Brendan to leave Hollyoaks entirely and give him the club (hence why he tried to make Sampson look more of a threat) because he wouldn’t have wanted to keep it. He also wanted to be part of the heist so he’d have money to buy Joel out. I am not entirely sure - someone might be able to clarify it better than me!
2. Well Jay was back filming the other day - not sure if it’s pre or post Later he’s filming for because they film out of order, so we haven’t seen the last of him!
3. Okay sure. Brendan was set up by a serial killer called Silas. Brendan was on his scent and unfortunately for Brendan he had links with three of the murdered girls. Rae (one of the last victims) was Ste’s ex and also accidentally outed Brendan to his son. Brendan was seen threatening to kill her and so when Silas planted her body in the boot of Brendan’s car and the murder weapon in his bedroom, Brendan was sent to prison and not released on bail. Silas got discovered when he accidentally murdered his own daughter and keepsakes from his previous killings were found by Lynsey. He was arrested and Brendan released.
Saying all this, Brendan has actually murdered a man called Danny Houston - a gangster who killed a previous lover of Brendan’s and Brendan killed him to protect Ste, who was next on his hit list.
Brendan Brady | E4 7 Aug 2012
Amy leaves Hollyoaks. And Brendan, egged on by Walker, plans his revenge on Sampson.
All About Soap | Two Weeks Revealed Spoilers
(Channel 4 dates)
Mon 6th August
Amy is resolved to move on after her split with Ally. However, Ste is shocked when Amy makes a move on him following a drunken night out with Michaela!
Tues 7th August
Amy is humiliated as Ste questions her recent behaviour. As she begins to sober up, Amy decides it’s time to make a few changes - she’s going to leave Hollyoaks.
Also today, Leanne’s attempts to help out Doug at the deli backfire when it’s broken into and trashed after she leaves the door open - or does she?
Weds 8th August
Elsewhere, Ste says a tearful goodbye to Amy.
Also today, Leanne tries to win back her friends, while Brendan is shocked by an unexpected visitor…
Thurs 9th August
Following an anonymous tip off, Mercedes finds herself facing some tough questions from the police about Lynsey’s murder. Will she get anyone to corroborate her alibi?
Elsewhere, Ste is missing his kids. He grows increasingly frustrated when it seems that Doug doesn’t understand him and turns to an old acquaintance for comfort. At the same time, Doug has a shock when his parents turn up unexpectedly!
Also today, Mitzeee is struggling to cope with prison life, while Brendan is horrified to learn that Declan is in deep trouble.
Fri 10th August
Elsewhere, Brendan is more determined than ever to teach Sampson a lesson once and for all, as he plans to scupper Sampson’s big drug deal. He’s unaware that Sampson isn’t the one he should be worried about, it’s someone much closer to home…
Brendan Brady | E4 25 July 2012
Brendan interrogates Sampson’s footman for information on his enemy’s next move.
And Ally pays a visit to the Savage’s boat, keen to let Will know what he learned from Ash about him.
Thank you to the anonymous person who sent me this.
[Richard Crehan] is set to grace a top soap later this month as part of a gritty torture and kidnap storyline.
Richard Crehan, 23, Amersall Crescent, will be starring in two episodes of the Hollyoaks in a dramatic story featuring fans favourite Brendan Brady, played by Emmett J. Scanlan.
And the details of the storyline have been hotly speculated by fans of the Channel 4 soap on online forums.
Richard, said: “It is weird, people online are wondering whether I will be a criminal, or in jail or Brendan’s new boyfriend.
“Someone said I was skinny and little so would be Brendan’s type.”
Even though his time on the soap will be short, his character is set to make a huge impact on the lives of several main characters, and he has been given the option by writers to return at a later date.
He added: “They were awesome there, and the guy who plays Brendan is completely different in real life so you get to see how good the character is that he has created.
“My character works for another character called Samson and gets a bit out of his depth.”
Monday, August 06
Amy resolves to move on after her split with Ally
Tuesday, August 07
Amy feels it’s time to makes a few changes after she’s humiliated by Ste. Leanne’s attempt to help Doug out at the deli backfires.
Wednesday, August 08
Brendan is shocked by an unexpected visitor.
Friday, August 10
Brendan is determined to teach Sampson a lesson once and for all.
(N.B. The unexpected visitor is Declan Brady)
Brendan Brady | E4 24 July 2012
Cheryl finds an unwelcome gift on the doorstep of Cindy’s (where she is staying) and explains to Ste that as Brendan’s loved ones, they’re both in danger. Brendan meets Sampson’s errand boy.
Brendan and Cheryl come back to Hollyoaks on Thursday next week and “Brendan is focused on protecting his empire, but it’s clear that recent events have taken their toll and Sampson isn’t going to let up.”
- Terrified for her safety, Brendan asks Walker to protect Cheryl.
- Will is devastated by his estrangement from Dodger and Texas, but Dodger softens when Will admits he wanted to write Silas’ memoirs to raise money for the family.
- Ash persuades Will to stop hiding away and face the village, but her plan backfires when he is further outcast in a hate campaign led by Texas and Ally.
- Brendan has a devastating confession for Cheryl, when she confronts him about why he’s made Walker her minder.
- Ash desperately tries to gain access to Silas at the psychiatric hospital, but her diversion enables Silas to escape. Is he stalking his next victim?
- A cruel act of vandalism leaves Will devastated.
- Dodger has to choose between sticking by his brother or Texas.
- The village is horrified to learn that Silas is on the run.
- Silas zeroes in on Texas - will she be safe from the killer?
- George admits to Sinead he’s terrified of getting intimate with Ryan.
- Ash is disgusted to discover Will’s murderous secret….
Will’s devastated about his estrangement from Dodger and Texas. Dodger softens slightly when Will admits he wanted to write Silas’ memoirs to raise money for the family. Brendan withholds his fears about Sampson, but terrified for Cheryl’s safety, he misguidedly entrusts her care to Walker
Brendan Brady | E4 28 June 2012
Lynsey discovers Merecedes’ obsession. Joel is kidnapped. Brendan is robbed. And someone loses their life.
Brendan Brady | E4 27 June 2012
Lynsey tries to find out more about Ally and warns Brendan of his connection to Walker.
And an old adversary of Brendan rocks up in town.