Welcome to the largest, longest-running fansite for Irish actor Emmett J Scanlan, best known for his roles as Brendan Brady in Hollyoaks, Simon Monroe in BAFTA winning In The Flesh and the lead role in movie Charlie Casanova. Currently starring in Guardians Of The Galaxy. Soon to be seen in the second series of BBC Two's The Fall, Channel 5's Suspects and indie movie Breakdown.
This fansite boasts a gallery of over 18,000 images and the most comprehensive collection of Emmett videos online. His entire tenure on Hollyoaks is also available to view.
Emmett Scanlan Fans aims to bring you up to date news on Emmett's projects as well as posting and reblogging photos, videos and fanart.
With Emmett’s new role in Suspects I thought I’d pick an episode where Brendan was a suspect (not hard to find one!). In this episode Brendan is the prime suspect for Rae’s murder and is refused bail as Silas walks free.
I got asked this week when Declan found out Brendan was gay - this episode right here! This episode starts a whole chain of events related to the evil Silas. Rae accidentally outs Brendan (although really, she should have figured out Declan was about) sending him into a fury and he publicly threatens to kill her. Standard Brendan move normally, however this ends up making Brendan the prime suspect when she’s found murdered. You all know what happened then! But this episode also has a very lovely and understated scene between Brendan and Declan that’s definitely worth rewatching.
Brendan’s been arrested for something he didn’t do (why change the habit of a lifetime) for the second time and in this instance it’s the murder of Rae Wilson. With her corpse found rotting in his boot, the murder weapon stashed in his bedroom and threats against her life aired in public, it’s not looking good. The rest of the village react to Brendan Brady: the serial killer, with the real perpetrator Silas watching on gleefully. It’s a great little episode.
1. Joel faked the newspaper article of Sampson’s brother Casper, yes. I’m not sure what you mean about the drug dealing money! But he heard all the plans about the heist. Joel wants ownership of the whole club and so tried to scare Brendan and his family (the bullet, the dead rose, the obituary, the bin). I believe Joel’s ultimate goal was for Brendan to leave Hollyoaks entirely and give him the club (hence why he tried to make Sampson look more of a threat) because he wouldn’t have wanted to keep it. He also wanted to be part of the heist so he’d have money to buy Joel out. I am not entirely sure - someone might be able to clarify it better than me!
2. Well Jay was back filming the other day - not sure if it’s pre or post Later he’s filming for because they film out of order, so we haven’t seen the last of him!
3. Okay sure. Brendan was set up by a serial killer called Silas. Brendan was on his scent and unfortunately for Brendan he had links with three of the murdered girls. Rae (one of the last victims) was Ste’s ex and also accidentally outed Brendan to his son. Brendan was seen threatening to kill her and so when Silas planted her body in the boot of Brendan’s car and the murder weapon in his bedroom, Brendan was sent to prison and not released on bail. Silas got discovered when he accidentally murdered his own daughter and keepsakes from his previous killings were found by Lynsey. He was arrested and Brendan released.
Saying all this, Brendan has actually murdered a man called Danny Houston - a gangster who killed a previous lover of Brendan’s and Brendan killed him to protect Ste, who was next on his hit list.
Silas Blissett | E4 18 July 2012
Silas pays a visit to the two girls who were top of his hit list.
Silas Blissett | E4 17 July 2012
Silas escapes from hospital.
Texas V Silas | E4 9 July 2012
Will comes under suspicion for the murder of Lynsey Nolan.
Texas V Silas | E4 6 July 2012
Texas starts to warn girls in the village to not go out alone. And Silas has another visitor.
Texas V Silas | E4 5 July 2012
Texas agrees to help by the police by visiting Silas at his secure psychiatric facility.
(no Brendan or Ste)
Texas V Silas | E4 4 July 2012
Texas is freaked out by the thought that Silas may have escaped.
- Terrified for her safety, Brendan asks Walker to protect Cheryl.
- Will is devastated by his estrangement from Dodger and Texas, but Dodger softens when Will admits he wanted to write Silas’ memoirs to raise money for the family.
- Ash persuades Will to stop hiding away and face the village, but her plan backfires when he is further outcast in a hate campaign led by Texas and Ally.
- Brendan has a devastating confession for Cheryl, when she confronts him about why he’s made Walker her minder.
- Ash desperately tries to gain access to Silas at the psychiatric hospital, but her diversion enables Silas to escape. Is he stalking his next victim?
- A cruel act of vandalism leaves Will devastated.
- Dodger has to choose between sticking by his brother or Texas.
- The village is horrified to learn that Silas is on the run.
- Silas zeroes in on Texas - will she be safe from the killer?
- George admits to Sinead he’s terrified of getting intimate with Ryan.
- Ash is disgusted to discover Will’s murderous secret….
Brendan Brady | E4 3 July 2012
The villagers are angry with Texas for telling the papers about a possible Silas connection to Lynsey’s murder. Meanwhile, Ste is a friend and a support to Brendan and Cheryl.
Will’s devastated about his estrangement from Dodger and Texas. Dodger softens slightly when Will admits he wanted to write Silas’ memoirs to raise money for the family. Brendan withholds his fears about Sampson, but terrified for Cheryl’s safety, he misguidedly entrusts her care to Walker
Hollyoaks - Brendan Brady
In a few weeks time, something will happen to Brendan that will change him irreversibly.
Friday friday friday. It’s horrible but will definitely have a whopping impact on BB.
Silas Returns to Hollyoaks!
The Hollyoaks cast gathered at the Gusto restaurant in Liverpool last night to welcome Jeff Rawle, who plays serial killer Silas, back to the soap. There could be worrying times ahead for their characters in Hollyoaks village with Silas somehow out of prison!